Install instructions for developers
Please bear in mind that RMS is a beta software and therefore not totally ready to use right away.
Please contact us for any questions, we are always happy to talk about it!
1 - Get it
Download it from GitHub
2 - Prerequisites to the installation
Make sure that php5, mysql, apache2, libapache2-mod-php5, php5-cli, php5-mysql, php5-curl, php5-imagick and php5-sqlite are effectively installed.
If they are not, install them.
3 - Installation itself
1. Start by cloning the git https://github.com/fanzila/rms.git in a directory readable by apache2
2. In /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf, add following lines :
3. With /directory/of/rms the way to you RMS root directory (make sure the rights are correctly set so you navigator can access it)
4. In /etc/hosts, add “rms_demo.test” at the end of the line starting by "127.0.0.1 localhost"
5. Add Headers and Rewrite modules
6. Add the database to mysql (named "rms.sql", you'll find it at the root of the repository)
7. Create /rms/application/config/database.php from the database.tpl.php file and the config.php file the same way
8. In database.php, change the two following lines to fit your system :
$db['default']['password'] = 'yourPassword';
$db['default']['database'] = 'yourDatabase';
9. Restart apache
4 - For newbies
1. Installation of essentials in command line :
sudo apt-get install php5 apache2 libapache2-mod-php5 php5-cli php5-mysql php5-curl
2. To clone the repo, sign up on https://github.com/ then, in command line :
git config --global user.name yourUserNameForGitHub
git config --global user.email firstname.lastname@example.org
git clone https://github.com/fanzila/rms.git
3. To add modules, you have to type in command line :
4. To add the database in mysql, you'll have to create it in mysql first. For that, click here to find a good how-to.
5. Then, type in command line :
cat /directory/of/the/database/rms.sql | mysql -u root -p rms_db
6. You will have to type you myqsl’s root password (if you have no password, type “mysqladmin -uroot password YourPassword” without the “” to create one)
7. Restart apache :
sudo service apache2 restart
8. Goto http://rms_demo.test default login: demo.demo / pass: demo